Last Updated on
“Meet Now” is a new feature from Skype. This feature is completely free to use, and you don’t require any signup or app download and installation to join a meeting. Meet Now allows you to easily set up an online meeting and invite both Skype contacts as well as people who are not in the contacts. So participants can easily join the conversation or meeting whether they have an account or not.
How Skype Meet Now Works?
The working procedure of Meet Now is very simple. This new feature works by generating a unique link, and you can share the link with participants of the conference call. If you organize the meeting, then you can invite people who are not in your Skype contacts. When a participant clicks on the unique link, the Skype web client will open on the Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. At the moment, these two browsers are supported by Skype Meet Now. If you have Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome installed on your computer, then you don’t have to download anything to use the Skype web client. The best part of this feature is; you don’t have to log in to your Skype account to join the meeting.
Features of Skype Meet Now
- You can set up a collaborative space by generating a unique link to invite friends or colleagues
- You can invite people who are not in your contact to join the meeting
- User doesn’t require any app to download and install to use this feature
- User doesn’t require to sign in to their Skype account to join the meeting or use the feature
- People without a Skype account can join the meeting or create a meeting
- You can record the video call and save for later use
- Skype let you keep the saved video for 30 days, or you can save the video in your device gallery
- You can share your screen, share presentations, work materials and many more
- You can also blur your background if required
How to Create a Skype Meet Now Meeting
The process of creating a Meet Now meeting is very easy. Follow these steps:
- First, open your Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser
- Now visit the Skype Meet Now Page from your browser
- In the page, you will see “Create your meeting” button
- Now click on the “Create your meeting” button and the unique invite link will be generated immediately
- You can either copy the link or invite participants via email
- Once the participate click on the invite link, the Skype web platform/Skype web client will open automatically and they will join the meeting
How to Use Skype Meet Now on Skype for Business?
If you are using Skype for business, then you can also use the Meet Now feature. Follow these easy steps:
- First, open Skype for Business
- Now click the dropdown arrow on the Settings icon to display the menu
- From the menu select Meet Now
- Now select “Use Skype for Business (full audio and video experience)” and click OK
- If you want to invite participants to join the meeting then clicks the “Invite People” icon
- To dial-out, type the landline or mobile phone number in the search box
- Now select the contact in the search results and click OK
- If you want to make a multi-party phone call, then repeat the dial-out process and include more participants
Meet Now feature makes joining a Skype meeting more convenient and seamless. You don’t require any meeting ID or password to join the meeting. So what is your opinion about this feature from Skype? Share your thoughts with other people in the comment section. If you have any queries about Meet Now, then feel free to ask. Our experts will answer your questions.