Last Updated on
Searching for lost tunes happens to all. While Shazam has been around for some time, its dominant position is now being challenged by a new App called SoundHound. Even faster, this has an even larger library of songs to choose from. Soundhound for PC is far more robust, and has many more features. It is also superfast.
What does SOUNDHOUND Offer?
Its speed of operation and security is unbeatable. Yet downloading is easy, even for beginners. Compatibility is taken care of by suitable Emulator Apps, which allow this App to perform admirably even on PC.
The Main Difference with Shazam
Shazam is simpler to use. But simplicity does not always answer the users needfully. For really long lost elusive tunes that the User wants desperately to remember, the SoundHound for PC leaves Shazam far behind. The User is free to hum the tune vaguely, and SoundHound produces options for the Listener. The Shazam needs more solid clues, like written lyrics (or at least some of the script). SoundHound is far more accurate in its identification, though just humming the tune partially only may sometimes mean hit or miss solutions.
SoundHound App is mainly used for the identification of Songs, tunes and music. Not just the song, but the live lyrics are displayed as a script. Original videos can be traced, as does the complete history of origin and genre. Apart from identification from the audio humming of the User, this App is used to trace the antecedents and history of songs and musical compositions that may belong to different genres and even to different races and countries (to some extent). It is mainly used though for Western Music, particularly Classical, Pop, Rock, Metal, Country and Western, Rhythm and Blues, etc.
Background of the App
The original company was founded by a Ph.D. scholar, Keyvan Mahajer, at Stanford University in 2005. Originally called Midomi, it was released as SOUNDHEAD in 2009. It had a 100 million User base a couple of years back and now has more than twice.
How is it Better?
This App doesn’t only identify songs. It can display the complete history of the song or tune, its genre, and lyrics. Artists who have been associated with the particular piece under focus, even background bands and orchestras can be identified. Additionally, the latest news about music is provided to the User on demand along with favorite artists, as well as Social Media updates. All this is in addition to its extraordinary ability to identify music from hummed tunes.
Installation For PC
This software has been uploaded by Mozilla only on PlayStore and is therefore intended for use for Android platforms only. So this can be downloaded on PC only by using an Emulator. The process is as follows.
- First download a suitable Emulator, such as Bluestacks or the Nox.
- Open the app and then Google Folder (also open Google Account at this stage) to select the Playstore App.
- Download the SoundHound app from the Playstore onto the PC.
How to Install SoundHound on Mac
In order to install the SoundHound on your Mac device, you must have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac Device. If you have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac device then follow these easy steps:
- First, open the Android Emulator from your Mac device
- Now login to the Google Play Store
- Search the “SoundHound” in the store
- Now install the app from the store, or
- If you have SoundHound APK on your Mac device, then drag and drop the APK file into the emulator to install the App
- Now open the SoundHound app and enjoy on Mac PC
- Zapya for PC |Download Latest Version For Windows 10, 8, 7 and Mac - April 8, 2020
- Roblox for PC – Download Free for Windows 10, 7, 8, and Mac PC - April 8, 2020
- Nook for PC – Read All Your eBooks on Windows and Mac PC - April 5, 2020