Last Updated on
Roku is one of the best know apps in the play store which provides multiple level streaming abilities for its users. This is an application which is actually a collection of application all bundled into one single set to increase the continence for its users. This app has a wide availability of services that are suitable for all. This app works perfectly with the Roku set up boxes and other devices. Here are some of the features of this application. These reasons will make one get a small idea of why this Roku app for PC has been one of the biggest phrase searches in the timelines there days.
Here are the features of the Roku app
- Can be used as a streaming platform
- Watch live programs
- Use your current device as a remote for other devices
- Enjoy private hearing by using your phone as a receiver for audio
- Voice search to get the movies
- Text search with the phone is faster than with the Roku set up box traditional remote
- Stream your favorite shows live on the move
These above features have made Roku in the top list for the applications needed in the mobile phone platform. This same reason is also the cause for these applications being tried to be ported to pc for their own uses. These features are not available in the pc version which makes many get the mobile Roku app for PC.
Different ways to download
There are mainly two ways through which one gets access to the android application on their PCs. There is either with the use of emulators, and the second option is by isolating and porting the application directly into PC OS compactable software.
The emulator way
The first option is most commonly used due to the availability of all Google’s major services, which are classified as fundamentals of android. Their services help the applications run very smoothly without any interruptions and problems. The use of emulators slows the applications like the Roku app for pc by a bit, but one still gets to use the services. Emulators often need a very good specification to work perfectly on a device. Some of the basic requirements now are quad-core processor, 8 GB RAM , 200 GB Storage, 4 GB ram, etc. on the need to remember that this is the minimum requirement and not the recommended preference for the system.
The porting route
The second option is completely porting the application into windows software. This route is considered very risky by all. This is due to mainly many reasons. The first reason is being the lack of Google’s services. The lack of Google’s services makes the application completely dead. Sometimes these applications may not even work properly. The second reason is the lack of experience. The lack of experience from developers porting the android applications directly into PC is very low. They’re very few people who have the knowledge to do a successful porting but need a very large sum of money to do this porting.
How to Install Roku App for your PC
- Step 1: Download and install the android emulator software
- Step 2: Open the android emulator from your PC
- Step 3: Start the Google play store app and search the Roku App to download
- Step 4: Start the installation process by clicking the “Install” button
- Step 5: Once the app is installed launch the app from your PC
How to Install the Roku App on Mac
In order to install the Roku App on your Mac device, you must have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac Device. If you have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac device then follow these easy steps:
- First, open the Android Emulator from your Mac device
- Now login to the Google Play Store
- Search the “Roku App” in the store
- Now install the app from the store, or
- If you have Roku App on your Mac device, then drag and drop the APK file into the emulator to install the App
- Now open the Roku App and use it on Mac PC