Last Updated on
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration app that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration. So a group of people can stay organized and have conversations in one place. Microsoft Team integrates the people, content, and tools to make your group more engaged with each other.
Many computer users don’t require Microsoft Teams on their computer so they delete the app. But there are many complaints about the Microsoft Teamswon’t uninstall from the computer or it returns after uninstalling which is very annoying.In this article, our experts have shared a few methods that will help you permanently uninstall Microsoft Teams from your computer.
Why Computer Users Want to Uninstall Microsoft Teams
This is an excellent tool for businesses and teams to collaborate very fast with their works and communication but unfortunately, this app lacks some very important features. They are:
- Microsoft Teams has an insufficient notification problem. For instance, you will not get any notification if anyone creates a group with an already existing label.
- It is very difficult to find the files in Microsoft Teams. There is no advanced search option available to locate the file.
- Microsoft Teams lacks meeting experiences like intuition, lags, etc.
- It has limited channel numbers and teams are restricted to 100 per team.
- Microsoft Teams doesn’t support group calendars so users have to switch to Outlook to review the calendar.
- It has a problem regarding the permission setting. So sharing resources is very easy among the team member but Microsoft Teams doesn’t allow sharing outside the teams.
Method 1: Uninstall Microsoft Teams via Programs and Features
You will find all the installed programs of your computer in Programs and Features. You can easily uninstall any program from the Programs and Features. So if you want to uninstall Microsoft Teams via Programs and Features then follow these steps:
- First, open the Programs and Features on your computer by holding Windows and X keys together
- Now from the available options select “uninstall a program”
- You will see all the installed applications here
- Now locate Microsoft Teams and select it
- Then click on the “Uninstall” button
- Follow the instruction and it will uninstall the Microsoft Teams from your computer
Method 2: Uninstall Microsoft Teams viaWindows Settings
- First, click on the Windows button and then navigate to Settings option
- Now click on the settings and then select Apps from the available options
- Then from the apps find the “Microsoft Teams” and “Teams Machine-Wide Installer”
- Select both the apps and click on the Uninstall button
- Once the uninstall is completed reboot your computer
Method 3: Uninstall Microsoft Teams via System Restore
System Restore is a service that helps Widows computer users restore the system to a previous setup to remove/uninstall programs that are interfering with the operation of the computer. You can use the system restore feature to uninstall Microsoft Teams on Windows 10. Here are the steps:
- First close all the open programs of the computer
- On the desktop, right-click Computer and select Properties
- When the system window appears, select System protection from the left side menu
- Now the System Properties window will display and from there click on System Restore
- Then from the System Restore windowSelect Choose a different restores point and then click Next
- Now select a date and time from the list and click on Next
- Then, click the Finish button and a dialog box will appear to confirm the process
- Finally, click on Yes to confirm the process
Method 4: Use the Uninstall Command from the Registry
When you install an application on your computer, Windows saves all the settings and information in the registry including the uninstall command. You can try the uninstall command to remove Microsoft Teams from Windows 10 computers. Follow these simple steps:
- First, hold the Windows and R button to open the Run command
- Now type “regedit” in the box and click OK
- Then navigate the following registry key:
- Now find the Microsoft Teams
- Then double click on the “UninstallString” value, and copy its Value Data
- Now past the value data on the Run command and click OK
- Finally, follow the wizard to uninstall Avast Antivirus from your computer
How to Clear the Cache of Microsoft Teams
- First press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete together to open the Task Manager
- Search Microsoft Teams and click on End Task
- Now go to File Explorer and paste “%appdata%Microsoft/teams” in the location box
- Then delete all files from Application Cache, Cache folder, database folder, GPUCache folder, Indexed DB folder, Local Storage folder, and tmp folder
I hope these solutions have fixed the problem and you have successfully uninstalled the Microsoft Teams from your computer. If there is anything you need to ask about Microsoft Teams then leave your question in the comment section. I will provide you the information.
- What is ANT Radio Service and How to Use this App for PC? - May 30, 2020
- How to Turn Oﬀ Safe Mode on iPhone – Step by Step Guide - May 30, 2020
- How to Map Network Drive on Mac – Step by Step Guide - May 30, 2020