Last Updated on
Google Docs is a very powerful real-time collaboration word processor which is a part of web-based office suite software from Google within its Google Drive service. With Google Docs a user can create and edit text documents directly from their web browsers and no extra software required. The best part is multiple users can work at the same time while seeing each other’s’ changes instantaneously. With Google Docs users can create text documents, slide presentations, spreadsheets, drawings, surveys, and many more.
Flipping an image means creating a mirrored version of that image. Rotating and flipping is a very important part of image editing but they are both different. Rotating the image terns it upside down; where flipping an image means reversing it. In Google Docs there is only one way available to flip the image. The process is simple but you have to follow the steps properly. Read the article to know the details about how to flip an image on Google Docs.
Features of Google Docs
- Create new documents or edit existing files
- Share documents and collaborate in the same document at the same time
- Work anywhere, anytime – even offline
- Add and respond to comments
- Never worry about losing your work – everything is saved automatically as you type
- Research, right in Docs with Explore
- Open, edit, and save Word documents
- Upload a Word document and convert it to a Google document
- Add flair and formatting to your documents
- View your document’s revision history
- Download as a Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML, or zip file
- Translate a document to a different language
- Email your documents to other people as attachments
How to Flip an Image in Google Docs
- First, go to the Google Docs and open the doc that has the picture
- Now click on the image and select it
- Then copy the image
- Now go to a new blank page
- Paste the image in the drawing tool of Google Docs
- Then again select the image
- Click on actions menu and select rotate menu
- Here you will see flip horizontally or flip vertically
- To flip horizontally, click on horizontal, or
- To flip the picture vertically, click on vertically
- Then click on save and close to finish the process
Step by Step Picture Instructions to Flip an Image in Google Docs
If you are using Google Docs for the first time then you may find the above steps overwhelming. Therefore, below I have elaborated the steps as well as included related images so that you can easily flip an image on Google Docs. Let’s check them out!
Visit Google Docs
First, open a web browser on your computer and go to Google Docs. Now in the doc click on the file menu and from the drop-down menu select open.
Open the Doc
A new window will open and here you will see all the docs. Now choose the doc that you want to open and click on the “Open” button. The doc will open immediately.
Select the Image and then Copy it
Once the doc opens, click the image to select it. Now click the right button on the image and a menu will appear. From there, click on the Copy option to copy the image.
Open a New Blank Page
Once you copy the image, click on the file menu, and then select “New.” A drop-down menu will appear, from there select “Document.” A new blank page will open in a new tab.
Open the Drawing Tool
In the new blank page; click on the “Insert” button from the top menu and a drop-down menu will appear. From the drop-down menu select “Drawing” and then select “New” to open the drawing tool.
Paste the Image in the Drawing Tool
When the drawing tool opens, right-click on the empty space on the Drawing tool and then select the paste option. The image will be pasted into the Drawing tool.
Select the Actions Menu
Now select the pasted image and then click on the “Actions” menu on the drawing tool. A drop-down menu will appear and from it click on the “Rotate” option.
Flip the Image
When you click on the “Rotate” option, another menu will appear. Here you will find the “Flip Horizontally” and “Flip Vertically” option.
If you select the “Flip Horizontally” option then the right side of the image will become its left.
If you select the “Flip Vertically” option then the image will become upside down.
Save the Image
Once you have done with flipping your image click on the “Save and Close” button to save the changes you have made and complete the process.
I hope you have successfully flipped an image in Google Docs by following the above steps. Let us know your opinion regarding this article. We appreciate every critic.
- Sling TV Error Codes – The Detailed Guide - July 24, 2020
- How to Turn on Spell Check on Android Phone – Step by Step Guide - July 24, 2020
- How to Record TV on PC – The Detailed Guide - July 24, 2020