Last Updated on
SoundCloud is the world’s largest online audio distribution platform and music sharing platform where users can create, record, and share the sounds with the global community. It is more than a streaming community with 200 million tracks and a global community of 20 million-plus artists from every creative corner of the world. As of March 2019, SoundCloud has 175 million unique monthly listeners and the number suggest the popularity of this audio streaming platform. Username is very important in SoundCloud especially if you are an artist. There are many reasons you may have to change your username. Luckily, SoundCloud gives its users the ability to change their username and the process is very simple. Read the article to know the details!
Features of SoundCloud
- Access the most diverse catalog of content
- Discover millions of emerging and established artists, DJs, and podcasters
- Listen to music that exists nowhere else
- Get suggested tracks based on your listening habits
- Explore SoundCloud Charts for the best music or podcasts in each genre
- Connect directly with artists and fellow listeners
- Create playlists for any occasion
- Discover music that exists nowhere else
- Find new music faster with curated playlists
- Listen to the biggest hits
- Discover what’s next in music
- Find and connect with the community
- Support the artists you love
- Save unlimited tracks for offline listening
- Experience Ad-free listening
- Access full catalog, not just the preview
- High-quality audio
How to Change SoundCloud Name from Desktop
When you change the SoundCloud name it will display in all of your content. So you don’t have to worry about changing the names of previous posts. The users will also see your new name when you release your new song. Now let’s take a look at how to change your username from a desktop computer.
- First, log into the account on SoundCloud
- Now, click on the username on the menu at the top of the page
- Then from the drop-down menu select your ‘Profile’
- You will see the ‘Edit’ button, click on it
- Now you can change your SoundCloud username, and other information of your account
- Finally, click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to complete the processes
Step by Step Picture Instructions to Change SoundCloud Name
If you’re looking at the above steps and wondering how you can apply these steps then take a deeper look at the process of how to change SoundCloud name with step by step picture instructions!
Log in to your SoundCloud Account
First, open a web browser on your computer. In the address bar enter the address https://soundcloud.com/ and wait for the page to load. When the page loads, click on the “Sign In” button and then provide your email and password to log into your account.
Click on the Username
Once you login to your account wait for the full page to load. Now you will see the username of your account at the top of the screen along with other options. Now click on the username.
Select the Profile Option
When you click on the username a dropdown menu will appear. Here you will find a list of options like the Profile, Likes, Stations, Who to follow, Try pro, and Tracks. Now locate the Profile and click on it.
Select the “Edit” Button
It will take a few moments to load the profile page. Once the profile page loads, you will see all the information on your profile as well as the “Edit” button just under the profile picture of your account. Now click on the Edit button.
Change the SoundCloud Username
Once you click the edit button a dialog box will appear where you can change your display name, first name, last name, city, country, add a bio, and many more. Make the required changes that you want.
Save and Finish the Process
After you change the SoundCloud username and other information; you will see the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the dialog box. Check the provided information once again and if everything is ok click on the “Save Changes” button to save the changes that you have made on your SoundCloud account and complete the process.
I hope you find the above information helpful, and you have successfully changed the profile name of your SoundCloud account. If you are facing any problem or want to know anything about this topic, then feel free to ask in the comment section. Our experts will get to you. Share the article with your friends and family if you think this article can help them.
- Sling TV Error Codes – The Detailed Guide - July 24, 2020
- How to Turn on Spell Check on Android Phone – Step by Step Guide - July 24, 2020
- How to Record TV on PC – The Detailed Guide - July 24, 2020