Last Updated on
As is evident from the name, Dish TV is dependent on TV transmission through a satellite dish. The consumers receive DTH (Direct To Home) satellite television signals beamed from a direct broadcast satellite in Geo-stationary Orbit. The company that beams Dish TV (also known as Dish TV group) has now created an app which they call ‘Dish Anywhere’ in order that any suitable device selected by the customer can be used as a receiver for TV entertainment. Tablets, Smartphones, Laptops or PCs can all be used to watch TV live. This mobile TV streaming is FREE to all Dish Subscribers at no additional cost. Dish TV itself is one of the largest TV entertainment providers in the world. The Dish Anywhere app for Windows allows the consumers to watch TV from their desktop computer, and even change channels and volume from the PC.
What does DISH ANYWHERE Offer?
With Dish Anywhere App for Windows, the PC user can stream online all the Breaking News, Live Sports, and Entertainment that his or her heart desires. At the same time, the entire DVR (Digital Video Recorder) collection is available at the fingertips. Both line and recorded TV can be seen through this app, regardless of the equipment originally supplied by DISH. All this is available free of any charge to DISH customers. DISH customers can log in to Networks they subscribe to at home. Even, DISH Anywhere can be used on Smart TVs. Even Netflix is available on DISH Anywhere.
- DISH Anywhere allows users to watch TV on Mobile Phones, Tablets or PCs.
- On-Demand TV shows and Trailers are available as Open Source.
- DISH customers can log in and watch Live TV, and also view the TV Guide.
- The contents of the customer’s DVR (Digital Video Recorder) can be viewed and the DVR can be set to record a program from the TV Guide.
Founded by Jim DeFranco and Charlie and Canty Ergen, DISH Network became the consumer brand in 1996. This was after EcoStar 1; the first satellite of this company was successfully launched in December 1995. By November 2016, the company was providing services to 13.7 million televisions and 580,000 Broadband subscribers. DISH Anywhere is possibly the most successful mobile TV app anywhere in the world.
Installation For PC
This software has been uploaded by the Creators only on PlayStore and is therefore intended for use for Android and iOS platforms only. So this can be downloaded on PC only by using an Emulator. The process is as follows.
- First download a suitable Emulator, such as Bluestaks or the Nox.
- Open the app and then Google Folder (also open Google Account at this stage) to select the Playstore App.
- Download the DISH Anywhere app from the Playstore onto the PC.
- Now the user can switch on the TV or his DVR whenever he desires, using DISH Anywhere.
How to Install DISH Anywhere APP on Mac
In order to install the DISH Anywhere APP on your Mac device, you must have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac Device. If you have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac device then follow these easy steps:
- First, open the Android Emulator from your Mac device
- Now login to the Google Play Store
- Search the “DISH Anywhere APP” in the store
- Now install the app from the store, or
- If you have DISH Anywhere APP on your Mac device, then drag and drop the APK file into the emulator to install the App
- Now open the DISH Anywhere APP app and use it on Mac PC